Through our policies, Golfito Monkey Tours we show the importance we give to the ambient environment , our willingness to mitigate potential negative environmental impacts and allow us to have a document to guide our steps on environmental policies.
Our policies include provisions that govern and guarantee our intention to develop a sustainable tourism, in a forward-looking statement and should be considered obligatory for the entire company.
A. The overall goal of the Environmental Policy is to promote and encourage best practice guidelines for internal processes, actively contributing to the development of sustainable tourism.
The general operation of Golfito Monkey Tours is done effectively contributing to generating economic benefits for the entire organization (management and collaborators), protecting the environment and respecting the Costa Rican culture and idiosyncrasy.
B. Sustainability will be the foundation for the development of the overall operation of Golfito monkey Tours, becoming an inherent feature of the services provided.
C. The training of our staff will always promote an awareness and sense of environmental responsibility which will be reflected in their job performance.
- Saving water and energy, and recycling are fundamental pillars for the fulfillment of our commitment as a responsible company. In this sense Golfito Monkey Tours is committed to:
- i. Rational energy use by reducing practices
ii. Avoid waste and pollution of water resources to contribute to their conservation.
iii. Perform proper management of its waste by reducing, reusing and recycling guideline.
D. As a complement to environmental management, Golfito Monkey Tours proceeds to:
i. To contribute to the conservation of forest resources in the country.
ii. To collaborate to the reduction of air pollution:
- The means of transport used for operation (own or outsourced) must have the RITVE mechanical inspection updated.
- All vehicules must have permits updated.
- Preferably, work with a program to mitigate the impacts to the environment.
iii. Gradually comply with relevant national environmental legislation (discharge and reuse of wastewater, hazardous waste, agrochemicals, etc.).
iv. Ensuring the health and safety conditions suitable for the health of our customers, employees, suppliers and communities in general.
E. Golfito Monkey Tours S.A is declared a “smoke free Tour Operator”, prohibiting smoking inside the transport units and promoting a healthy, clean and comfortable environment for its customers and visitors.
F. Golfito Monkey Tours will fighht vigorously any tourist activity that violates the decency that characterizes Costa Ricans or that endangers the physical and moral integrity of its employees, customers, visitors and neighbors, so as social deterioration.
G. We will promote tourism development based on ethics, quality and sustainability, for use its influence at the level of tourism, politics and business in equal benefit of the company, employees, environment and community.
H. All international and national promotion will be in accordance with specific plans to be designed considering the involvement of the main areas of operation, seeking mutual benefits in terms of image promotion and responding to the vision and objectives of the tourist area as a whole.
I. Golfito Monkey Tours will show visitors the culture and traditions of our different regions, defending its integrity, respecting the environment and conveying the importance of enjoying the rich culture of our country, without thereby generating negative impacts that could threaten people and culture.
ENVIRONMENTAL CRITERIA FOR GOLFITO MONKEY TOURS PURCHASES:
- Air and water emissions reduction
- Exclusion / limitation of harmful chemicals.
- Using environmentally friendly products.
- Use of recycled materials.
- Using recyclable materials.
- Reduce power consumption.
- Generating less waste in general.
- Proper management of waste.
- Less packaging.
More efficient logistics and delivery
- Optimizing products lifetime.
- Ensure lasting repair and spare parts.
- Ease of repair.
- More efficient machinery.
- Possession of environmental management systems.
- We will give preference to domestic products, supporting the entrepreneur of our country.
PROCUREMENT POLICIES GOLFITO MONKEY TOURS
- The sustainable management program of Golfito Monkey Tours focuses on responsible consumption of products and services we use in our daily work activity.
- We will give priority to recycled, recyclable, biodegradable and / or reusable products.
- We will avoid materials that damage the ozone layer: aerosols and styrofoam.
- We shall give priority, insofar as possible, to organic products.
- In selecting suppliers, Golfito Monkey Tours would provide preference to high quality companies national and local, as part of a corporate social responsibility strategy that allows the incorporation of neighboring communities towards the regional economy.